We are thrilled to be reading and discussing the “Binti Trilogy” together in the forum as our book club selection for March, April and May. This book collects the three award-winning novellas and one short story that constitute Nnedi Okorafor’s incredible Binti series. We will journey with Binti as she leaves Earth to attend the prestigious Oomza University and discovers a galaxy of danger, friendship, and transformation.
“Nnedi Okorafor writes glorious futures and fabulous fantasies. Her worlds open your mind to new things, always rooted in the red clay of reality. Prepare to fall in love with ‘Binti.’” ~ bestselling-author Neil Gaiman.
Before our kick-off on Thursday, March 18, make sure you grab your copy of “Binti” in your preferred format from your local library, bookstore or online vendor.
Suggested Reading Schedule:
• On March 18, start reading the book and respond to our pre-reading question
• By April 1, finish reading “Binti”
By April 8, finish reading “Binti: Sacred Fire”
• By April 15, finish reading “Binti: Home”
• By April 29, finish reading chapters one through seven of “Binti: The Night Masquerade”
• By May 13, finish reading the book and join our End-of-Book Discussion
The UNCG Friends & Alumni Book Club is sponsored by UNCG’s Alumni Association, the Bryan School of Business and Economics and Unversity Libraries.