University Libraries is currently working with UNCG’s Office of Emergency Management by following the Governor’s guidelines and executing the use of best practices for social distancing, the use of Community Protective Equipment (CPE) and the continued effort to provide online options for students as it prepares for reopening its buildings later this year.
Library instruction will be provided online, either synchronously or asynchronously in order to limit the amount of traffic in the building. Resources will still be provided but with the extra protections of quarantine and/or treatments. Spaces will still be available for study but with a focus on individual needs over group study activities. And staff will be spaced appropriately and provided supplies and equipment as needed.
- Building access will be for University Libraries’ employees only via card swipe now through July 10.
- Building access will change to University-affiliated only for UNCG faculty, UNCG staff and UNCG students via card swipe on July 13.
- A coordinated date in early August will be identified as opening the doors to the library for other groups.
Actions to Reduce Groups Coming to the Library:
- Library instruction will be virtual
- Group seating will be spread out and seating in total reduced by approximately 50%, across the library’s main main and tower floors
- No room reservations will be taken
- Loan services will be expanded to include options to place holds and pick up available materials in the library and to place holds and have materials shipped to and from the library
Other Actions Related to Physical Presence:
- Service areas/touchpoints are being reconfigured for social distancing, i.e. materials checkout, copying/scanning
- Common area pathways are being directed through signage
- Elevator limitations on capacity have been identified with the number of people allowed per use through signage
- CPE stations have been set up and identified
Although Jackson Library and the Harold Schiffman Music Library buildings are currently closed, our services and support are still available virtually. Visit https://library.uncg.edu/info/latest.aspx to learn about the latest updates and library information available.